Tuesday 9 May 2017

Camp Recount - Confidence Course

Camp Recount
Confidence Course

Have you ever felt like you're about to die but really you're just nervous? I definitely did doing the confidence course at camp. As I walked in I had no doubt in my mind that I would fail but those nerves got better.

At this time I had mixed emotions. I was scared as a mouse that had been chased by a cat. But I was also excited because everyone that had done the confidence course before me seemed to have a huge smile on their faces and it made some of my butterflies go away.

The time had come and it was my turn. Everyone was cheering for me saying “ Go Paige, You can do it”. Then, I pushed off the rope and landed onto the net. I was very happy because I was the first to make it onto the net. As my turn went on the course was very challenging. I started with level 1 but as soon as I got to the tyres I fall of. My feet were sinking into the mud and it was a disgusting feeling.

I wanted to then try a different level so I moved onto the level 2. It was very challenging but somehow I didn't fall in once and made it to the end. For me it seemed like I had accomplished something that was very hard and challenging and somehow it was easier then the red.

Walking back up to have a nice warm shower I knew in my mind I could accomplish anything if I work hard at put my mind to it. I had felt like I was in my own little bubble with a big smile on my face. Ready to take on the world.

By Paige

Last week the senior side of the school attended camp. It was very fun and challenging. We had different activities like Go Carts, Confidence Course and lots more. We were told to write a recount about one of the challenging activities we had done at camp. I decided to write about the confidence course. The recount basically talks about the challenging parts of the confidence course. Please leave a Positive, Thoughtful and Helpful comment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment